TEATA is the Thai Ecotourism and Adventure Travel Association and its members offer a wide variety of sustainable tours.
- To develop and promote eco and adventure tourism as well as set up the standard of tourism related activities and services;
- To demonstrate & publicise a good practice of eco and adventure tourism as sustainable tourism, and to generate incomes to local communities;
- To work and collaborate closely with the government, private sectors and local communities to enhance environmental conservation, and to ensure that tourism development goes well with nature, leading to increased awareness of the importance to conserve natural attractions; and
- To provide education and trainings on eco and adventure tourism to its members and general public, and to support conservation programmes when and where appropriate.
To ensure that all its members remain a responsible tour operator as expected, the association sets up its basic principles for the members to follow as below:
- Activities conducted by TEATA’s members should avoid or minimise negative impacts that might cause damages to the natural and cultural environment of the area where tourism takes place;
- Tourism activities organised by TEATA members should benefit the conservation of nature and culture of the travel destination;
- Tourism operation/management should support and encourage local involvement in running tourism activities, and the local community should directly benefit from tourism;
- Any tourism activity should be organised in a way that it can educate tourists and raise their awareness about the significance of environmental conservation and appreciation of cultural differences; and
- Tourism should be socially responsible with sound plans and management system that shall lead to socially and economically sustainable in the long term.