Ever wondered about a safari in Africa? Not sure where to start?
Arranging a safari can be tricky, there’s a lot to think about. Paul Tickner Safaris, a small owner run operator, can guide you through the process from start to finish.
Specialists in Ruaha National Park and the southern circuit of Tanzania, we can take care of everything for your trip to Tanzania. Paul Tickner is also available as a private guide to accompany you on your safari to ensure you get the most out of your experience.
We are a small safari operator that has a strong ethical approach and is actively involved in local conservation efforts. We believe strongly in the benefits tourism can bring to wilderness areas and local communities, especially in the less travelled areas of southern Tanzania. To this end our safaris support small business and camps, lodges and operators with authentic low impact environmental credentials. We directly support the Mkuyu Guide School for local aspiring guides and also Wildlife Connection, a project working to reduce human-elephant conflict around Ruaha National Park. We run safaris where people can learn about local conservation issues and volunteer with local conservation projects in addition to a safari.
Paul Tickner Safaris caters for all budgets, first time visitors and seasoned safari veterans. We believe strongly in the benefits tourism can bring to wildlife and the wider economy. We take a particular low impact and ethical approach, which seeks to push the boundaries of traditional safaris. If you are seeking more than the typical safari you have come to the right place. Paul Tickner Safaris promotes local communities, bush walks, small business and paths less trodden. Paul Tickner Safaris is actively involved in conservation initiatives in Tanzania that you could have the opportunity to visit and learn about. You won’t find any sales and marketing speak here, just good honest customer service, we go the extra mile to get you the best safari possible.
Based in Iringa, southern Tanzania, Paul Tickner Safaris is uniquely placed to promote the spectacular wilderness experience that Ruaha National Park can offer. The wildlife, scenery and adventure on offer here are magical and more often than not, you will have it all to yourself.
For all safaris to Ruaha National Park booked directly through Paul Tickner Safaris, 2% of the total price will be added as a donation to Wildlife Connection, a local project working to reduce human-elephant conflict in the villages around Ruaha.*
We are able to offer a 5% discount to Tourism Concern Members.
– Direct support of local guide school; with one successful employment in 2014. Focus on developing guiding curriculum for qualifications.
– Strongly promote local Ruaha area and wider southern Tanzania
– Active in local conservation projects, including promoting them through safaris.
– Bringing visitors to new areas; linking in villages, towns, craft markets
– Ensure good pay and conditions for all staff and partner companies
– Networking for work experience and employment opportunities for guide students
– Strong environmental principles from the office to camps to safaris
– Proactive in local conservation community and new upcoming projects
– Educating visitors about local sustainable issues as well as operators as to new desires of guests in this regard