Tourism Concern is an independent charity, registered in the UK, that campaigns for, and promotes, tourism that is ethical, fair and a positive experience for both travellers and the people and places they visit. We are largely funded by individuals who are often keen travellers themselves and who want their holidays to be as good for the people they visit as for them.
Members get advice and information on how to travel more ethically, discounts with Ethical Tour Operators, invites to special events and the opportunity to take part in exclusive Ethical Travel trips. Members are also entitled to free or discounted entry to our conferences and seminars as well as access to discounts and exclusive benefits with partners listed in the online Ethical Travel Guide.
By becoming a Member you are helping us to:
- Improve working conditions for tourism workers
- Lobby UK tour operators to be more socially responsible
- Develop guidelines for best practice
- Give a voice to local communities threatened by exploitative tourism development.
Support from our Members enables us to run our campaigns, however, as a member you will also join a global network of ethical travellers and professionals.
The easiest way to join (and get immediate access) is by signing up below. Alternatively if you prefer to pay monthly you can set up a direct debit online.
Free postage for UK residents only. Outside of the UK postage will need to be paid. Student Members can purchase the guide for half price.
** UK only
Membership is a yearly subscription and will be renewed automatically on your anniversary date. Unfortunately our system doesn’t currently send notifications. You can manage your membership via the members area.
In addition to the above we also work with carefully selected partners who have a genuine commitment to continuous improvement on their social performance including active approval and continued commitment at senior management level. Organisations can apply to be partners, and will be assessed by Tourism Concern, in the following areas:
- Ethical Tour Operators Group (for tour operators) – by application and assessment
- Ethical Volunteering Group (for organisations sending volunteers overseas) – by application and assessment
- Academic Network (for Academic Institutions that have an interest in ethical and sustainable tourism) – by application [/yes_list]