- depleting groundwater and wells
- polluting waterways and beaches
- appropriating public water supplies to the detriment of communities and livelihoods, including small-scale tourism entrepreneurs
- forcing households to abandon wells and depend on limited and unreliable piped supplies
- undermining the long-term sustainability of tourism development in Goa, upon which so many livelihoods depend
We are calling for the right to water and sanitation of local communities to be prioritised over water for luxury tourism development and tourist leisure.