Become an Ethical Tour Operator
Tourism Concern's Ethical Tour Operators Group highlights how tourism can be a force for good; by collaborating with the socially responsible tour operators who are passionate about minimising negative impacts within the industry.
ETOG is formed by a group of small to medium size tour operators that strive to improve their Ethical and Responsible Tourism practices. We allow members to exchange ideas, explore and promote best practice - in a non-competitive atmosphere.
We have created a package of activities designed to facilitate dialogue, provide essential information and skills to support operators in the challenge of running a socially responsible tourism business.
When appropriate, the group may campaign on social or environmental issues relevant to the travel industry and the members.
For those who are not quite there yet but want to move towards ethical and responsible tourism, ETOG offers an opportunity to learn from other members and improve your practice and ethos about tourism. You can get expert advice either from other members or from Tourism Concern.
We aim to promote a fairer way to travel, for all the stakeholders in the holidays that we offer.
We aim to achieve this through the way in which we behave in business. We aim to influence our supply chain to create long term dividend. Our responsibility lies in ensuring that our relations with our suppliers and clients are beneficial, sustainable and equal.
Members have the opportunity to:
- Profile their organisation on our website and within our monthly e-newsletter; reaching thousands of people who are interested in ethical tourism.
- Display the Ethical Tour Operators Group logo on their website and leaflets.
- Attend quarterly meetings addressing current thinking on critical issues, with occasional guest speakers from both inside and outside the industry.
- Receive updates on Tourism Concern news and campaigns and ways to get involved.
- Attend informal networking events to share experiences and exchange views.
- Benefit from training specifically designed for smaller tour operators.
- Be part of an influential group pushing forward the responsible tourism agenda.
The Ethical Tour Operators Group provides a safe environment dedicated to discussing and addressing the most critical and challenging questions facing tourism and communities today. Meetings will focus on creating tools for tour operators to use in their business activities.
Members will be expected to follow the principles agreed by the group as well as Tourism Concern's policy on working with industry.
Criteria for joining ETOG
- Do you take measurable actions toward social responsibility within your company?
- Do you currently have or hope to have a corporate social responsibility policy?
- Have you implemented any environmental policies within your tours?
- Are you taking actions to address or seek to improve tourism inequity?
- Do you factor in the well-being of local communities in your destinations when organising tours?.
If you can answer yes to these questions, then why not Join the Ethical Tour Operators Group today.
Join with ETOG and Tourism Concern and see how you can make your business more prosperous while ensuring local communities benefit from tourism.
If you would like to discuss membership please contact Matthew Butler on on +44 (0)20 7666 3095 or email email@example.com
Understand the issues
FREE Ethical Travel Guide
Connect with us
As a Street Vendor in Brazil
- Jun 18, 2014
Should I haggle for goods?
- Jun 18, 2014
Annual Report and AGM
- Jun 18, 2014
Corporate social reporting in the cruise industry
- May 16, 2014
- May 8, 2014
All Inclusive Report Launched
- Mar 21, 2014